We also like to watch lots of firework shows, from a distance. Many years ago we decided that we could see all over town from the top of the University of St. Thomas parking garage and made plans to sneak up to the top after dark. Thinking we were so clever, we took our little family up the elevator just before the shows were to begin. When the doors opened, we found a party on top of the garage! We were being so clever, but there is an actual annual event and the public is welcome! You can see Freedom Over Texas, Hermann Park and more (all from a distance, of course). You can be super sneaky and come this year if you want a low key celebration!
Some more ideas are:
- Bellaire 4th of July Parade & Festival - Kids can lead the parade! Just show up at 9:00am with your decorated bike!
- 4th of July Celebration at Bayou Bend - Celebrate for free at Bayou Bend! There will be crafts, activities, entertainment and the reading of the Declaration of Independence!
- Freedom Over Texas - Buy your ticket to attend Houston’s big party at Eleanor Tinsley Park!
- Maravilloso! Contemporary Circus - Enjoy this free contemporary circus at Discovery Green!
- Summer Symphony Nights: A Star Spangled Salute -Watch the Houston Symphony at Miller Outdoor Theatre. After the 1812 Overture, there will be booming cannons and a firework display! Free tickets are available for the covered seating and must be picked up between 10:30am-1:00pm. No tickets are needed to sit on the hill!
- Kemah Star Spangled Sky Show - Celebrate at the Kemah Boardwalk!
- Dynamo Game + Post Game Fireworks – Watch the Dynamo take on the New York Red Bulls and stay for the post game fireworks!
- Find more Firework Displays at Visit Houston!