Houston is ready for a great 4th of July holiday. On Friday, celebrate all over town:
- Bellaire 4th of July Parade & Festival - Kids can lead the parade! Just show up at 9:00am with your decorated bike!
- 4th of July Celebration at Bayou Bend - Celebrate for free at Bayou Bend! There will be crafts, activities, entertainment and the reading of the Declaration of Independence!
- Freedom Over Texas - Buy your ticket to attend Houston’s big party at Eleanor Tinsley Park!
- Maravilloso! Contemporary Circus - Enjoy this free contemporary circus at Discovery Green!
- Summer Symphony Nights: A Star Spangled Salute -Watch the Houston Symphony at Miller Outdoor Theatre. After the 1812 Overture, there will be booming cannons and a firework display! Free tickets are available for the covered seating and must be picked up between 10:30am-1:00pm. No tickets are needed to sit on the hill!
- Kemah Star Spangled Sky Show - Celebrate at the Kemah Boardwalk!
- Dynamo Game + Post Game Fireworks – Watch the Dynamo take on the New York Red Bulls and stay for the post game fireworks!
- Find more Firework Displays at Visit Houston!
After the holiday, there is still a lot to do. On Saturday, there is a Frozen Sing-A-Long at Miller Outdoor Theatre! It is free and no tickets are needed. Seats are for the first to arrive. Everyone else can sit on the hill!
You can also see Pippi Longstocking: The Family Musical at Main Street Theater on Saturday and Sunday!
Also, since it’s the first Saturday of the month, it’s time for another Hands-On Houston at the- Houston Center for Contemporary Craft. Stop in between 11:00am and 3:00pm to make polymer clay jewelry.
Looking for grown-up things to do? Check out 365 Things to Do in Houston!