So you can look forward to the events Houston has going on this week (posted prior to the full list going live), here are the favorites for Monday through Sunday, November 16-22, 2015.
1. On Wednesday, take the little kids to Nature Storytime at the Nature Discovery Center.
2. Starting Friday, take the older kids (8+) to be Secret Agents at the Children’s Museum of Houston!
3. On Friday, the very popular Zoo Lights opens for the season (and a few days earlier for Zoo Members). Go on school nights to beat the crowds and for cheaper admission.
4. On Saturday, attend Lighting of the Doves at Town Green Park at The Woodlands Waterway. This big event has a lot of activities for kids and ends with Santa arriving by boat… and the Doves being lit over the waterway.
5. On Saturday and Sunday, be amazed by the Via Colori Street Painting Festival by City Hall. Two hundred artists converge on the streets for this free festival!
6. On Sunday, Main Street Theater’s Lyle the Crocodile opens at the MATCH! This is based on the book Lyle, Lyle Crocodile and The House on East 88th Street by Bernard Waber and is meant for families. (Kids 3+.)