So you can look forward to the events Houston has going on this week (posted prior to the full list going live), here are the favorites for Monday through Sunday, August 17-23, 2015!
1. On Tuesday, take the kids, ages 7-15, to the free WITS Workshop at IKEA. Children are guided by professional authors to write their own piece… plus kids eat free at IKEA on Tuesdays.
2. On Tuesday, enjoy the Aquarium for half the price. Print the coupon for buy one get one free admission to the exhibits, stingray tank and all the rides… including the train through the shark tank!
4. On Friday, enjoy the last Cool Night at the Houston Zoo. Wear your favorite superhero costume, “swim” through the Turtle Excluder Device, learn how to save sea turtles, run in the Race to Recycle, learn how to save black bears, and learn how to save orangutans. You can also enjoy Big Hero 6 under the stars.
5. On Saturday, return to the zoo for a Snow Day! Enjoy real snow from 9:00am to noon… or until it melts!
7. On Saturday, go to Mandell Park for some Water Magic. After the storytime, kids will be given water balloons to reveal hidden messages on the sidewalks!